Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Monday, December 20, 2004

Whoa 

I just got off the phone with the woman from the organization with which I'm volunteering. Turns out that I am the only volunteer going to my location.

The. Only. Volunteer.

I'll have the staff members at home-base to hang out with and the folks I'm volunteering with, so I won't be alone per se. Additionally, all of the programming will be tailored just to me - language classes, yoga, cooking, cultural and social issues. I will be the only American in the area. For four weeks. Hhmm. If I really wanted more people to hang out with, I could change to be in Delhi. As far as location goes, I'd much prefer to be in Rajgarh and it would result in much more culturally pure experience. I have about a week to change my mind. Right now, all I can say is "huh."