Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Thursday, April 28, 2005

It Makes Waffles 

Contrary to what you might think, I am not suffering from Chronic Blog Non-posteritis. I am actually suffering from Acute Internet Accessanemia that is compounded by my No-dollarosis. Please, bear with me until I become for real employed and go get my injection of cashicillin.

Last I left you, it was my birthday. It ended up being a really nice, low-key day, exactly what I wanted. I didn't get many real presents, mostly some money from relations to buy stuff for my apartment, which is what I really needed. When I was talking about it to Cobra, though, I did say that I would like a ball winder as my present. He went around to a few of the chain crafty stores in the area trying to find one, but encountered some significant trouble because he couldn't remember exactly what the device was called. As he told it to me, here's a bit of how most of his attempts to get the ball winder went:

Cobra: Hi, I'm looking for a...I don't remember exactly what it's called...a yarn ball roller?

Salesperson: What does it do?

Cobra: It makes waffles.

Salesperson (to other salesperson): Hey Jan, do we have any yarn rollers that make waffles here?

apparently, everyone he asked for this device asked him what it does. Needless to say, he ended up getting a bit frustrated and, after trying many stores (although not Springwater who surely would have had it) he gave up on his search. But it turned out just fine for me because he got a nice copy of one of my favorite pictures of him blown up and framed.

omihorsie

It was taken by one of his motorcycle buddies (or as I call them, his fan club) when they were riding in Assateague, Maryland. Wild horses couldn't drag me away from him (haha, that comment even makes me want to vom).

On a different note, I'm sure most of you know that the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is quickly approaching. The festival site is about an hour away from DC so, as such, I want to extend an open invitation to any to knitters to make use of me (not that way, you naughty person).

An Open Invitation
If you are interested in visiting DC in conjunction with your visit to the MD S&W festival and would like any suggestions for museums, restaurants, yarn stores or other things to do, please feel free to email me. I'd also love to hang out with anyone who's here so if you want to get together for a bite, a drink or some knittin', please contact me as well. I hope to hear from some of you and if not, I'll see you at the festivale!

Have a loverly weekend, yo.