Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Monday, May 09, 2005

My Oh My 

There is just so much to say about MD S&W, it's hard to know where to start. The most important thing I learned is that I LOVE SHEEP. Before, I knew I liked them because, duh, they play a big role in feeding my habit. But I didn't realize they're so lovable!

sheep cuddle

They were nervous from all of the attention, so they were cuddling, aaawwww! And they're so soft and cute and say "bah" - I totally want one! And if, for some reason, I can't have a pet sheep, I want an alpaca!

alpacas

They were also cuddling. Don't be nervous, little buddies! They were a bit shorter than I though they would be but had those lovely long eyelashes and cute little fuzzy faces. You can also tell that they totally know what's going on. Maybe I can have one when I get a yard like in Napoleon Dynamite.

spin from angora bunny

This woman was spinning directly from this fluffy angora bunny. It was out of control.

This was just friggin' cute:
daisy chain girls
These girls were very carefully beautifying this chain and did a very good job of it. There were lots of dandelion chains around, it was very whimsical.

And, of course, what you really want to see - the goods!

yarn goodies

I was really good and only bought one thing - this richly-colored worsted merino wool from Tess' Designer Yarns. This is actually the same yarn that I used for my boobholder. I will use it to make a Clapotis.

Alright, so you've seen the picture-heavy, non blogger part of my post. I'm now happy to talk about all of the great folks I met, but I have to admit that I took very, very few picture to prove that I met them. In fact, I only took one.

anne marie pensive
That's Anne Marie. She looked so pensive and dreamy, I had to capture it. But she was only one of the lovely ladies I had the pleasure of meeting on Saturday. First, I'll give a special shoutout to Lara, Chelsea, and Sarah for being patient with me while I was overwhelmed and oh so slowly walking through the heart attack-inducing amounts of yarn in the side barns. I also enjoyed the pleasure of the company of Dana (who I'm lucky enough to know in real life), Natalie, Sarah, Carrie, Stacy, Jenny, Nathania, Heather and, of course, the Yarn Harlot. I have, of course, seen many of the reports from the Harlot's tour and saw how effusive people were about meeting her. Of course, she's an awesome writer but usually when you get someone to sign your book, they just ask your name and move the line along. Not Madame Harlot. She engaged every single person in that line who came up to her. She even chatted with me for a good few minutes even though I admitted that I had no book due to my lack of funds. Plus, after the book signing line died down, she turned around wanted to know what everyone had gotten. She was a knitter who wanted to chat with some other knitters, who all just happen to document their activities on this crazy interweb. Hence, her awesomeness.

I also saw Wendy, Theresa, Carolyn, and Eilene from afar but didn't say hi to them (well, I very ackwardly tried to say hi to one but it was...yeah, didn't happen).

Unfortunately, I didn't get to look around there as much as I would have liked but it's probably for the best as I'm sure I would have bought a heellllllll of a lot more yarn. I would have liked to have seen more sheepies, too. It was great fun, though, enjoyed the bonding time I had with SNBer Mika on the way up and I'll definitely look forward to next year. Hope to see YOU there.