Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Striving towards Honesty 

I guess everyone else has moved on from their S$W posts, I guess I should do the same. I did , however, want to make one comment. Alright, I had some mixed feelings about what happened at the festival, I'll admit. What I was really surprised about were people saying that were uncomfortable with the way that people talked about the festival, blogger meetings, etc. This was interesting to me because I find that in life and generally on my blog, I try to put my happy mask out to the world no matter how I'm feeling. This was driven home to me this weekend after a slightly unhappy incident on the way to a baseball game. As someone who's always trying to strive to be truly honest in my life, I admire all of those bloggers who were true in sharing their feelings with the world. That ability to be totally real and to share the bad along with the good is the reason why I keep going back to many blogs. It reminds me that I will be a better writer and more true to myself if I can also put myself fully out there. It's hard, but I'll keep trying.

Alright, moving on: as you can probably see, I re-did my template. I have a real serious lack of web design knowledge, so I did this with the help of Anti Ivy and some educated guessing. Not perfect, but I'm satisfied with it for now.

In the spirit of Flower Pic Week, I thought I'd put up some snaps I took when Cobra and I visited the US Botanic Garden last month.

orchid

tulips

Lovely, eh? Cobra might have taken the bottom one, I don't remember. This is one of many excursions that boy and I have been taking together lately; this past weekend we walked to the National Zoo and next weekend we're hoping to go camping on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm glad that we've been making the effort to take advantage of the resources of the area lately and not just wasting our weekends by lying around in bed until late in the afternoon. Sometimes being lazy is fine but it can get boring after awhile. We've both also been trying to be more physically active lately and trying to get out on our bicycles. It's taken me a while to be comfortable out riding with him because he used to do mountain bike racing and has some crazy skills. Not only does he feel comfortable weaving a bit in traffic, he also likes to do 30 mph sprints and wheelie up any hills. At first, I was really intimidated by these stunts since I'm rarely feel competent doing any physical activity but I've grown comfortable with it. Now, I just try to enjoy myself and the movement.

Oh, right and knitting. My strawberry swirls tank is progressing nicely. I finished the back, see?
back

I'm going forward on the front and I'm almost at the increases. Hopefully, I will finish this weekend...

part_front

I'm making a size smaller than I normally would because the other top that I made from this same pattern book was a bit on the large size. I'm glad that I did that because it looks like it will fit perfectly. Can't wait to show it off to you!

This week, I'm supposed to hear the last word from 2 jobs that I applied for. There are a few more out there that I need to send resumes out for because if I don't get one of these, I'll be starting from square one again aka SOL. Keep sending out the good vibes though, maybe I'll luck out....

And that's all for now.