Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Why today was awesome 

Oh so many reasons. Let's start with
Trip to the gyno
Seeing my current weight during above trip
Officially rejected from one job prospect
Lost hope for the other
Friend got hit by a car on her bike
Can't find either of the two (!!) CD-ROMS with my India pictures on them
Extreme energy output to find all this self-pity for myself when I'm already over-tired.

All kidding aside, the job thing doesn't particularly surprise me. When the freakin' employer makes you wait 7 weeks to let you know what's up, nothing surprises you. It's just that I'm sick of the process already, the attempt to put on the proper face, the waiting, the swinging of emotions between utter confidence in your abilities to utter sureness in your failure. But now, I have to do it all over again and with even more gusto, I need to be a cover letter sending machine.

I didn't feel too bad about it until I watched the freakin' Apprentice. How silly is it that I distance myself from my emotion until an idiotic TV show sets it off?

The part where I really lost it, though, was when I couldn't find my India pics. I feel so stupid and like my disorganization is truly coming to bite me in the ass. And even worse, after I spent probably an hour looking for them, Cobra drove all the way back home to look for it there and will be coming all the way back. And I still need to do a bit of packing with T-minus 4 hours before I need to catch the metro to the airport.

Luckily, I'm going to Chicago tomorrow to hang with my aunt, her best friend and my mom. There should be much girly bonding and cuddling, so hopefully that will rekindle my motivation. Hell, I've already been promised a free manicure. If I can get some gift yarn thrown in there, I could get back to a state of normality... These have also been helping me get through the last few weeks. Going to the dark side may be evil, but it's oh so delicious.

Hope you all had a better day.