Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Little Break 

Dear friends,

I am writing to you from Battle Creek, Michigan where I have travelled this week for a sad event. My grandmother passed away on Sunday night, an event which we have been anticipating for a while. We will be celebrating her life today and throughout the week, and will be laying her to rest beside her beloved husband. On some level, I am glad to see her beside him again. I will be away from the blog for a bit. I will look forward to when I can return to posting with a clearer head, as I have some great knits and yarn to show you.

As a point of clarity, my grandmother (GM as my brother and I always called her) most certainly did not teach me how to knit. She was a unique individual who defied every stereotype of age and if she were cognizant of the fact that I'm a knitter, she probably would have called me an "old bag." So, if you're so inclined, I would urge you to partake of any of the following activities in her memory and in celebration of her singularity.

Take care, all.