Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When a Pink Monkey Wants to Rock Out... 

...she turns to her pink MP3 player.

vision

As a pretty belated birthday present from my aunt and my parents (and with a contribution from my self, thank you very much) I got this Creative Zen Vision: M MP3 player. If you're considering investing in a player, I would highly recommend this as it has a whole bevy of features, comes in five fun colors and has really wonderful sound quality. It's made me so happy because it means I can drown out the two co-workers I share a tiny office space with and zone out in my own little world filled with wonderful songs all exactly to my taste. I don't know if I would call it Zen but it's definitely an improvement.

Writing about this reminds me that I never really talked about my birthday on here even though it was a HUGE one. Not numberwise, but definitely in terms of scale. I feel totally lame for blogging about this more than a month later, but it's got to get out there sometime, right?

My 24th birthday was on April 13, 2006. Here are the highlights, in bullet list form.

So, that was mostly the birthday, it was jam-packed with goodness.

I don't really have a transition right now so I'm going to show you pictures of my knitting.

orangina

I started an Orangina in some of the Southwest Trading Company Bamboo I got at the Springwater Superbowl Sale. This is the 3rd or 4th design I tried with this yarn and it finally seems to be the right fit. The lace pattern is fun and VERY addicting. Because of the color, I think a better name for it would be Windex.

cable mystery

I'm also working on this. You may ask yourself, Jenna, what is this weird cabled, thing knit in the round? Well, you'll have to wait until later in the week when I post my first free pattern to find out. I will tell you that it's a belated Mother's day present, which my mom insisted that I send to her even though I told her that I'd dropped out of Mother's Day. Oh, those moms.

Enjoy your knitting all, I'll be cruising on mine.