Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Looking for the Blues 

As I walked around DC looking through the Project Spectrum lens, I found that I live in a very blue city. This is true in more ways than one, as you can see from the overwhelming results of the 2004 election. Indeed, we know that we're going to have a Democratic mayor in the upcoming election, it's just a matter of which of the twelve or so Democratic candidates will win the primary.

From politics to aesthetics, here's some DC blues.

Project Spectrum Blue Mosaic

In other fun, I did these meme that I saw over at Mindy's and had to post the results.

1-Put your music player on shuffle.
2-Press forward for each question.
3-Use the song title as the answer to the question.

How am I feeling today?
Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley

Will I get far in life?
Moving, Supergrass

How do my friends see me?
M.O.R, Blur (In the song, this stands for middle of the road. Do my friends see me as a force of moderation?)

When will I get Married?
Eon, Supergrass (Ha! Yeah, I'm comfortable with that timeline)

What is my best friend's theme song?
The Red Telephone, Love

What is the story of my life?
Last Nite, The Strokes

What was high school like?
Du E For Fin For Mig, Dungen (yes, this was a very confusing time for me)

How am I going to get ahead in life?
No. 13 Baby, the Pixies (no, I will not be having 13 babies and no that will not help me get ahead!!!!)

What is the best thing about me?
Writing to Reach you, Travis (Not true, I am a poor correspondent)

How is today going to be?
Me and a Gun, Tori Amos (It wasn't THAT bad, I hope I can keep my anger in check)

What is in store for this weekend?
Cosmic Dancer, T.Rex (I did go dancing the day after I did this meme)

What song describes my parents?
Tombstone, Peaches (Um, thank God no)

What song describes your grandparents?
Lucky, Radiohead (? Because they're all dead?)

How is my life going?
Margin Walker, Fugazi

What song will they play at my funeral?
Panic, The Smiths

How does the world see me?
Buggin' Out, A Tribe Called Quest

Will I have a happy life?
Meet Ze Monsta, PJ Harvey (I'll take that as a no)

What do my friends really think of me?
Stretch Out and Wait, The Smiths

Do people secretly lust after me?
Jeepster, T.Rex (whaaaat?)

How can I make myself happy?
Rock the House, Gorillaz

What should I do with my life?
Monkey Gone to Heaven, the Pixies (Morbid advice)

Will I ever have children?
The Cage, Travis (That's what having kids will put you in, ha!)

What is some good advice for me?

Why Don't We Do It in the Road? The Beatles (indeed)

What is my signature dancing song?
Here Comes Your Man, the Pixies

What do I think my current theme song is?
Is This It? The Strokes (so, so true)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
I Wish I Had an Evil Twin, the Magnetic Fields

What type of men/women do you like?
Girl, Tori Amos (should I tell Cobra about this?)

What kind of kisser are you?
What? A Tribe Called Quest

What's your style?
Belle and Sebastian, Belle and Sebastian

What kind of lover are you?
Desculpe, Babe, Os Mutantes (I think this means "forgive me"...yeah, that doesn't sound too good)

What would be playing on a first date?
I'm Tongue-Tied, The Magnetic Fields

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Strange News from Another Star, Blur (I should talk to Heather about how I can hook up with NASA on this one)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!