Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back into the Swing 

lost lake 3

sun 3

seattle 22

coast 2

We're long back from vacation but it's taken me this long to get my pictures in order to present to you! Truly, we had the most wonderful time in the NW; I really felt so beyond fortunate to be able to see and explore such a strikingly beautiful part of my country. It again reminded what a diversity of scenery, climates and topography we have in America.

Portland and Seattle both endeared themselves to me very strongly. It was almost surreal to walk to the streets and see so many young people around and to see people being creative and having style. The lifestyles in both of these places seemed to be very laid back, comfortable and filled with surprises. It was so fun to say "that's cool, that's cool" as we turned every corner.

I don't have as many pics of Portland because the weather was somewhat rainy when we were there. Seattle was filled with warmth and clear, blue skies. You can see some here.

I'm also happy to report that my dad's surgery went well and, while his healing will not be instant, he is now home. Hooray, cancer free for real!!

I intentionally didn't go into any yarn stores while I was away, although I did get a few thrifted sweaters to play with. I did, however, get some goodies at Crafty Bastards on Sunday. I hope to show you those along with some socktoberfest goodness soon. Glad to be back!