Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Why I'm Out of It This Week 

I'm posting even though I don't have pictures or other visual goodies to share right now. Turning the clock back really puts a dent in taking clear, natural light pictures.

Socktoberfest ended with me coming short in my overall goals. Unfortunately, this means that I did not finish my second arch-shaped stocking, although I am very close to turning the heel. I did, however, finish the first sock in the acid green pair for Cobra and I'm making progress in the second sock. Its realtive simplicity has been in particular calling to me this week. Why?

On Monday, I reported to the DC Courthouse for my first ever Jury Duty. I imagined I'd come, knit a bit and read for the day, then go home and resume my normal business. Lo and behold, by the end of the day I'd been placed on a jury of a case and was listening to opening arguments. Just like any juror, I can't speak about the case until it's finished. Even when it is, I don't know if I'll fins it appropriate to speak about on this forum (unless you have a burning curiosity). I personally would rather talk about how I'm burning to cast on for a sweater!

The surprising part about this experience is that is has been really draining to all of my mental and physical energy. This, coupled with the fact that I caught a touch of the bug that Cobra's been fighting for about 3 weeks, means that I'm antsy, anxious and starving when I get home in the evenings but don't feel motivated or have the attention to do much.

I don't even want to knit. That bad.

Hopefully, this will be over by the end of the week and I'll be ready to dive back into the world of fiber at the Stitches market on Saturday. It will be a welcome respite from my swirling mind.

Let me assure you as fully as I can, real life is not like Law and Order!