Pink Monkey Knits

Using my opposable thumbs to knit up a storm!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Out with the Old, In with the New 

Thankfully, Cobra and I are still among the living. We discovered last week that I didn't have food poisoning as I thought I did, but actually a highly contagious stomach flu. A few of my coworkers and their kids caught it, and as I last posted, I passed it on to Cobra just as I began to feel better. It was an ugly sight.
Because we were so ill, we unfortunately missed the big Christmas festivities with his family, which was very sad indeed. Luckily, Cobra's mom is amazing and decided to make a replacement meal for us and some local family and friends last night. We gorged on salad, Tofurkey, green beans, au gratin potatoes, the works. It helped to make up for our total inability to eat the previous week. We got to give and receive out gifts in a lower pressure setting as well.

Two of my good friends from high school are staying with me this weekend, and we're having a great time wandering the city, chatting about everything and anything and just enjoying each other's company. Being with them, and my lovely boy, will really be a positive way to bring in the new year. Although we were slow in figuring out our plans for this evening, I have to say that I'm really looking forward to a New year. For real, because 2006 kinda sucked for me.

At least I did some good knitting, though. You can see most of my completed projects here, minus one item. I was hoping it was going to be minus two items, but it didn't happen. Oh well, I'm still planning to start a few new things for 2007.

Have a wonderful, safe and happy holiday! Look for some pictures of actual knitting in 2007.